General terms and conditions
PRINCIPLES OF PROCESSING DATA
- General provisions
- The principles of processing data apply to Users of the Ltd GoRail (AS GoRail) ticket sales and website.
Collection of data
- The data to be submitted by a Subscriber when placing an order is mandatory data.
- Mandatory data to be transmitted by a Subscriber:
- name – required to complete and keep a reservation;
- address – required to complete a reservation;
- e-mail address – required to complete a reservation and issue an invoice, where necessary;
- telephone number – required to complete and keep a reservation, and among other things to notify you if there are problems with regard to the availability of services.
- the data of the travel document – required for carrying out the cross-border inspection and / or issuing a visa (arising from the law)
- The Subscriber has the right at any time to obtain information about the collection of its data by sending an e-mail to this effect to the ordering address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Authorised processor responsible for data
- The processor responsible for the Subscriber’s data is Ltd GoRail, registry code 10541949, location Toompuiestee 37, Tallinn 10412
- Ltd GoRail may grant the right to use data to authorised processors. Authorised processors are partners whose data are transmitted to an inquiry that is forwarded to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- The data are used by Ltd GoRail or by an authorised processor:
- to keep an organised client database;
- for servicing and marketing purposes, except when the Subscriber had decided otherwise or later withdrawn their consent, notifying of this in a format that can be reproduced in writing;
- to perform obligations prescribed by legislation (e.g. communication of data to research institutions).
- An authorised processor may only process data in order to perform specific duties given by Ltd GoRail
Data storage period
- Ltd GoRail shall store the data for as long as it is needed to achieve the purpose of the use of data or when the statutory limitation period is over and the document storage period provided by law has come to an end (seven years as set out in the Value Added Tax Act and Accounting Act).
Client’s rights regarding use of data
- The Subscriber has the right to receive information from Ltd GoRail about the use of their data pursuant to the procedure and extent provided for in legislation;
- the Subscriber has the right to ask Ltd GoRail to stop using their data and to correct, close or delete their data;
- the Subscriber has the right to turn to the Data Protection Inspectorate and court to protect their rights.
- PRINCIPLES OF USING COOKIES
- Domains belonging to Ltd GoRail may, among other things, include an element that saves cookies for third parties.
- The User has the right not to allow cookies to be saved on their computer. If the Subscriber wishes to decline cookies, they must change their browser settings.
- Different browsers use different methods to decline cookies. More information can be found on the website aki.ee/et/kupsised.
- The User has to take into account that not all of the website’s functions may be available to them if they block cookies.
What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a text file which is sent to and saved on the User’s computer by the websites that the user visits. Cookies are saved in the directory of files in the User’s browser. If the User has previously visited a website, the browser will read the cookie and forward this information to the website or element that originally saved the cookie. Additional information about cookies can be found on the website www.aki.ee/et/kupsised.
- Cookies enable statistics regarding website use and the popularity of different sections and other actions on a website to be monitored. The information received by the cookies is utilised to make the website more convenient to use and to improve the content of the website.
Types of cookies used on website
- Permanent cookies are necessary to navigate the website and use its contents. Users are unable to use all of the website’s functions without permanent cookies.
- Session cookies enable the website to remember previous choices made by the User (username, language settings, etc.) and provide more efficient and personal functions.
- Tracking cookies collect data about a user’s behaviour on the website. Information received by tracking cookies helps make the website more convenient to use.